Thursday, December 18, 2008

Essay #2

Stepparents

On television, stepparents and step-children are usually depicted as the pro and con of a relationship. Meaning, that the relationship between the two are usually not well. I have no experience with stepparents so I could not tell you how it is and how it feels. I have full respect for what stepparents do for their step-children. Love comes in all shapes and forms. It's all in the heart and how much effort you give to the person you care about.

In television, depictions are misjudged. On t.v., the watcher can see a distraught teenagers being taken care of by inexperienced stepparents. T.V. shows how crummy of a life a teenager would have if they were to be living with stepparents. But that's Hollywood. I believe, from my friends experiences, there is mutually respect between the both. I mean sure, in order for a child to have stepparents, there must have been an awkward or distraught event happen to them. I feel for the children. T.V. depicts not the reality but the thought of most Americans.

Love comes in all shapes and sizes. There are so many ways to give love, receive love, and show it. I have full and utmost respect for parents who want to bring a helpless child into their lives. You don't have to blood related to show love. Love comes from deep inside you. The reader of this essay should be told that love can be shown by trust and respect. I

The positive aspects of a step-relationship are that you get to communicate and be loved by a whole other family. The step-children would have to learn to adapt to a whole environment. Also, the stepparents would have to love someone who wasn't blood-related. It would be amutually experience for the both of them.

Step-relationship are a new experience for everyone. It gives the chance for two different people to come as one and love each other. I have no experience, but I can say that I have full respect for all the families that are not blood-related.

No comments: